Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 9

I'm a little discouraged today. This is my second day this week not losing any weight.

Yes, I lost almost 10 lbs last week, but I was so hoping to keep that going.

The program says that sometimes you stall at a weight you once were, because your body was comfortable there. Well, that would kind of explain it. Last January, when we started dieting, I was the weight that I currently am. It took me 3 months to lose 14 lbs last year. I got down to almost my pre-pregnancy weight.

Did I mention that I found my 3 y.o. pre-natal book? Yeah, I was 152 lbs 12 weeks pregnant. I so don't weigh anything close to that right now! I'm so depressed! I weigh more than I did when I was 37 weeks pregnant!!! (Odd number of weeks, yes, but I went to the doctor the day before I had him, so that's how I know!) It's depressing. My only consolation is that I am gradually getting back down to my 37-weeks-pregnant-weight, which is a good step.

I'm mixing up my food a little, too, so I'm sure that my body's just thrown off a little. That's probably why the stall in weight loss today. We'll see how tomorrow goes. I'm determined to drink all 90 oz of water today, too, which I didn't do yesterday. Oops!

I thought I'd mix it up a little, too, buy trying some herbal fruit teas. I had raspberry with my breakfast. It was pretty good. I think I might make a pitcher of blueberry and put it in the fridge. Anything to break up the monotony of plain old boring water. I can't have Crystal Light, so I need something to make my water less boring. Aspartame, sucralose, any chemically made fake sugar makes me really, really sick -- like almost migraine headaches and an upset stomach....so NOT fun!

So, here's to a hopefully better day of weight loss. I guess I shouldn't complain too much, 10.5 lbs in a week and a half is not bad at all, huh? :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing great Jo! Don't be depressed, I look forward to reading your updates and I mean what I said a few days ago about really being inspired! Hearing about your success makes me hopeful that I can do it myself. Here's hoping..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have done very well!!! If it helps you feel any better I weigh more right now than I did 37 weeks pregnant with my TWINS!

    ReplyDelete