Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 8

So far so good! I've lost a total of 10.4 lbs. :) Yipee!

Yesterday wasn't as bad as previous days. I've figured out my meal timing so that it's perfect and I don't go to bed STARVING anymore, which is nice.

Yesterday I didn't have to inject myself, and it was a nice break for my leg. Today was surprisingly easy, and not too painful after having a day off.

I've been mixing up my foods a little. For the first week my veggies were exclusively broccoli and mushrooms. Now I'm branching out into cauliflower (delicious steamed!) and zucchini (which I haven't tried yet, but it looks yummy). I'm going to buy some halibut today, too, and maybe even some shrimp or lobster (both are on sale at the local groceries).

The grissini was a little tricky to find, but it's a good alternative to the melba toast, which I have come to look forward to each day. The rosemary grissini is better than the garlic, in my opinion. But, I'm not a big garlicky-breadstick-flavor-loving-person.

My biggest challenge right now is that the rest of my family isn't doing the diet with me. My son is only 3, so he usually eats something different from the rest of us, anyway, so it's not that big of a deal. He loves corn dogs and fish sticks, both things that I detest, so making his dinners isn't tempting. My DH on the other hand talks about his cravings for things like coconut shrimp and In-n-out burger CONSTANTLY. It's very tempting to cheat. But, I know if I cheat, I will have given up on the easiest diet I've ever gone on, and what does that say about me? If I can't stick to something this simple for 49 days, then how am I ever going to maintain once I'm off of it?

I am DETERMINED to not cheat. NO CHEATING. That's my motto.

I came close yesterday when my 3 y.o was sitting on my lap eating saltines. Oh they smelled so good! And he kept dropping crumbs on my leg. I had to throw them away immediately so that I wasn't tempted to put them in my mouth, and then I sent him upstairs to eat his crackers in his room! haha Avoid temptation at all costs. :)

My great nephew is turning 3 next week and they're having cake and ice cream to celebrate on Saturday. I am not attending. I don't trust myself to be in a room that smells that good and not cheat. It's just not possible. So, I'm avoiding it.

I've set my mind to it, and I'm not giving up. There, now I CAN'T! I've written it down and I'm posting this out there for the whole world to see. Now if I cheat, I won't be disapppointing only myself, but anyone else who happens to read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment