Sunday, September 26, 2010

Caution: This post may be full of whining. Read at your own discretion!

It's hot.

And my swamp cooler is broken.

And my apartment faces west, so it's really, REALLY, REALLY hot anytime between 11 AM and 8:30 PM.

Also, it's Sunday.  Church was hot.  The walk to and from church was hot.  And now I'm stuck at home, where it's....  Ready for this?  HOT!

I recall freezing my first two rounds of HCG.  I'm wondering why it is that I am melting in this sweltering heat now.  My SIL did HCG in July, when we went on family vacation up to Park City.  She wore a sweater down to the pool while the rest of us were content in our bathing suits and towels.  Yeah, I sure would appreciate being that cold right about now. 

I'm so hot that I'm half tempted to get in my hot car and drive to Walmart where I will then become the freak who gets stuck in the ice cream display.  Yeah, that'll be me.  When you see it on the news you can say, "Hey! That's the chick with the HCG blog that I read!"  (Yes, all two of you!  I know I'll be famous!)

Also, I'm not nearly as tired as I was my first two rounds.  I thought I was going to be exhausted this time around, too, but I just saw a spider on the ceiling and I have never gotten my butt up off the couch faster.

I also just remembered that my DH brought one of our upstairs fans downstairs into the kitchen to blow the smoke outside from when I burned dinner last Tuesday.  It never made it back upstairs.  Yeah, guess who's smart?  I am now sitting in the lap of luxury on my couch.  That's right. The fan is blowing on me.

Okay, so one problem solved, I guess.

But the other problem remains:  I am STARVING!  And frustrated.  I ate 3.5 lbs of fish last week, and only lost a couple of pounds.

Okay, okay, so I cheated Monday. And Tuesday. And a little bit Wednesday. And maybe Thursday and Friday. Okay, I confess, I had a PBJ sandy on Saturday. But still!  I only cheated a little at dinner time, and the rest of the day I was good!  Besides, fish doesn't even have that many calories!  I was probably well under my 500 calories before I cheated.

Fine, I know.  I shouldn't be cheating.  It's just so dang tempting.  Those stupid PBJ sandwiches that my 3 y.o. loves so much.  They are so enticing.  I had to make myself one...or four....just to remember how yummy they were.

Okay, so here goes:  I promise to behave this week (with the exception of Thursday, when we'll probably go out to dinner for my son's birthday.  I make no promises for that day.)  Where should we go?  Goodwood BBQ?  Pirate Island Pizza?  CPK?  Who knows.  I'll report in later.

One last thing before I go:  I didn't take my measurements last week.  Kind of totally forgot to do it.  So I promise to take them tomorrow and report in with my total lost.  Okay.  I'm done whining now.  Thanks for letting me vent!

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping you were going to post something today!
    I have to confess, I cheated a little last week too. I'm so disappointed in myself. I have no excuse b/c I'm only on a half round! UGH.

    Anyway, Jenny gave me a tip she recently learned and I thought I would pass it on to you. She said if you mix 3 T of Apple Cider Vinegar with a little bit of water and a packet of splenda and drink it every day that it helps to keep you from stalling. I can't say whether or not it's worked for me yet b/c I've only been doing it every other day. It sounds disgusting huh. Don't worry, it IS! LOL

    ReplyDelete