Saturday, April 10, 2010

Post-Maintenance

Well, I'm off maintenance. I can officially reintroduce starches and sugars. Slowly. Very slowly.

Today I had a few m&m's from my son's Easter basket. They were just ok. I also had a piece of Harry and David Moose Munch. It wasn't what I had hyped it up to be. I went out and bought more sugar-free candy. It's just so much better. And better for you.

I did the shopping today and bought a bunch of "healthy" stuff, like gluten free muffin mix. It'll be interesting to see how good (or bad) they taste!

I am determined to keep eating some of the things from maintenance. Like, today it was so nice outside that we pulled out the Weber grill and fired it up! I had a nice sirloin steak with grilled mushrooms (and melted Swiss cheese on top). For dessert my fabulous husband grilled me a Fuji apple, sprinkled it with cinnamon, and then I topped it with the whipped topping recipe from the maintenance program. It melted just like ice cream. It was fabulous! I even got my son calling it ice cream. He's three, so I guess that wasn't too hard, but he LOVES it! He even ate some of the apple.

My husband just started the program, he's about 5 days in, and is liking it so far. It's funny to see him do it though, because he's always complaining that he's "starving." I laugh and remind him how he treated me my first few weeks. At least I'm kind enough to eat my cream cheese muffins in the kitchen behind the wall where he can't see me!

I have decided to do a second round. When DH ordered his stuff, he ordered me some as well, so it's sitting in the fridge waiting to be mixed. I have three weeks of waiting. If my calculations are correct, I can start May 1st, or thereabouts. I'll be done in time for summer vay-cay to Deer Valley. Hopefully by then my swimming suit will fit (I tried it on tonight....not yet!).

It's been fun to see the interest in what I've done to lose the almost 35 lbs. So many people I know are doing the program now. It's awesome! Most of my family is on it, or will be shortly, and even some family friends have expressed interest in joining the "fun!"

No comments:

Post a Comment