Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 3

I am struggling.

I was so incredibly sick last night and this morning. I think that everything I gorged myself on these last 2 days decided to leave my body all at once....without any warning. ugh

I slept for most of today. I got up at 9 AM long enough to give myself my injection and weigh myself. That's all I could handle. I couldn't stand any longer.

By about 11:30 I was so hungry that I couldn't sleep any more. I got up and cut myself an apple and had a piece of melba toast. I wasn't going to eat the melba toast this first round of hcg, but I was SO HUNGRY! Let me tell you, melba toast is not the tastiest thing in the world. It tastes like cardboard, literally. However, when you are STARVING and a little dehydrated it tastes pretty darn good. :)

After my quickie snack I crashed back onto the couch. My 3 y.o. was watching Disney channel and I fell back asleep somewhere during either a Phineas and Ferb episode, or Hannah Montana. It's all kind of a blur. When I woke up, hours later, it was Wizards of Waverly Place. ugh.

It was around 2 and I figured I'd probably ought to eat some lunch. I got all my steaks out and cut the fat off, weighed them, and cooked them up for the week. It took 1 1/2 hours! What the?? So yeah, about 4 PM I'm finally eating lunch. I had steak with some grilled mushrooms. OH SO YUMMY!

At 5:30 I had half a grapefruit, my second serving of fruit for the day, and another piece of melba toast.

Dinner time came around about 1 1/2 hours later and I had some grilled tilapia and broccoli. Now, I have learned a very important lesson here: NEVER have fish for dinner when it is the LAST thing you will be eating. Fish is more of a lunch item. Steak is more filling.

Another important lesson I've learned: It's really hard to drink 94 oz. of water in 4 hours. I think I'm definitely going to have to spread it out tomorrow. However, it has been a lifesaver tonight, since I am still STARVING!

The hardest part though? I find myself walking into the kitchen and, out of habit, reaching for the fruit snacks, or the popcorn cupboard, or the cereal bag. Can I just say that pouring milk for my 3 y.o. today was one of the hardest things I've had to do? I filled the cup a little too full. Normally I just sip it down, and I caught myself with the cup halfway to my mouth before I realized that I can't do that anymore!! THIS IS SO HARD!

But, I'm determined not to cheat! It took every ounce of strength I had this morning not to beg my DH to go out and buy me some 7-up for my stomach. Instead, I sipped water and slept. It was just easier than facing the temptation.

The bright side is that I've already lost 4 lbs! haha

I'm hoping that tomorrow is better (easier) than today was.

No comments:

Post a Comment